NSF IGE Program Limited Submission Guidance
Internal submissions to NSF’s Innovation in Graduate Education Program should provide the information listed below. The document should be no longer than five pages including tables and figures. The page count does not include the cover sheet, the list of core participants, the table of other institutions/organizations and their roles, the bios, and the reference list. Information should be presented in the order requested. Use a font no smaller than Times New Roman 11 pt.
- Cover sheet: cover sheet (docx); fill out only the applicable portions
Project Title: (use the NSF structure)
List of Core Participants (in tabular form, including Name, Department (and university if not K-State), Role in the Project, and Area of Expertise)
In tabular form, the names of any other institutions or organizations and their role in the project
Project Synopsis: Include the following information
- Description of the Graduate Education Model(s), approaches, or activities to be piloted and tested and why it is innovative
- Address the extent to which the project would generate the knowledge needed to inform implementation and adaptability of potentially transformative improvements to graduate education
- How will models be developed and disseminated
- Description of the disciplinary or interdisciplinary needs and/or challenges addressed and your anticipated contributions to STEM education
- Description of the performance assessment/project assessment you plan
- Specific efforts focused on integrating diversity into the program
The team’s experience in attracting external support, NSF and other (include information about educational projects as appropriate)
If you applied to the NRT IGE Track last year, discuss the overall review you received and how you are addressing the weaknesses of the previous submission.
Estimated budget (follow the format shown below; provide brief justification for each item in the description column)
5-year total budget
Senior Personnel (salary + fringe)
Describe in some detail; add extra rows as necessary
Participant Support Costs
- Reference List
- 2-page NSF biosketch for the PI and all co-PIs
Please combine these into one PDF and submit via email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on the date listed on the Upcoming Limited Submission Opportunities table. Use no smaller than an 11 pt Times New Roman font.