Tickets and Enforcement
Parking 101 (The Basic Rules)
This is a short version of how to park on Campus. You should still read the rules and regulations, and pay attention to signs, but this may get you started.
- If you have questions about parking ask Parking Services.
- You need a permit to park on Campus from 7am – 5pm M - F, from 7am - 4pm at the Recreation Complex, and 24/7 at Resident Halls and Jardine.
- There is no FREE parking on campus.
- You can only purchase, possess, and use one type of permit.
- Park within marked stalls allowable by your permit.
- Order your permit at www.ksu.edu/parking through K-State Online Parking.
- Citations are attached to permits first, then to plates. If your friend gets the ticket using your permit, we send you the bill.
- If a parking permit is lost or stolen, you may purchase a new one at the pro-rated cost.
- If not paid within 14 days, a late fee of $10 is added to your citation.
- If you have 5 or more citations with a total balance of $200 or more you may be wheel locked.
- Illegally parking in a Fire Lane ($140 fine), H/C stalls ($175 fine) or Reserved Stall ($50 fine + possible impoundment or tow) is strongly discouraged.
Rules and Regulations
*Section II, paragraph E, updated to read:
KSU Polytechnic – Vehicles with KSU Polytechnic campus parking permits issued by the Polytechnic campus may park in the East Stadium (Bramlage) lot and utilize the Park ‘n Ride ATA Shuttles free with your Wildcat ID. Vehicles must be removed from this lot nightly by 6 p.m. If you prefer to park on main campus and not ride the shuttles, temporary day/week permits are available to purchase online at https://ksu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal. A Manhattan campus map is available at https://www.k-state.edu/parking/CampusMap.pdf. For other information, please contact Parking Services at 785-532-7275 or stop by our office in the KSU Parking Garage at 706 N. 17th.
You are now able to pay your parking citations online. You may also pay your parking citations in person at the Parking Services office located at 1 KSU Parking Garage at the corner of 17th and Anderson or by depositing it into any of the yellow payment boxes located at various locations noted on the parking map http://www.k-state.edu/parking/CampusMap.pdf by the green dollar signs. Hours of operation are from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The KSU Parking Citations Appeals Board (PCAB) was established by the University to review the validity of violation notices when a review is requested by the violator. The procedures are:
- An Appeals Form must be completed and submitted online https://ksu.t2hosted.com/Account/Portal by the close of business on the fourteenth day after the issuance of the violation Notice. PCAB may uphold or dismiss the violation. Paid tickets may not be appealed. Appeals made after fourteen (14) days from the date of the violation will not be accepted.
- All actions of PCAB are final.
- All penalties must be paid within fourteen (14) days following the decision date of PCAB. Failure to do so may result in the impoundment of the vehicle.