Humboldt Research Fellowships
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promotes academic cooperation between excellent researchers and other professionals from abroad and from Germany through fellowship programs like the Humboldt Research Fellowship.
Submit an application if you are a researcher from abroad with above average qualifications. A Humboldt Research Fellowship allows you to carry out a long-term research project of your choice cooperation with an academic host you have selected at a research institution in Germany.
Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines may apply to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation directly at any time.
- Fellowship Duration: 6-24 month research stay at a research institution in Germany
- Monthly Stipend: 2,650 EUR per month
- Eligibility: Completion of PhD (or equivalent) within the past 4 years
- Fellowship Duration: 6-18 month research stay at a research institution in Germany (the fellowship is flexible and may be divided up into as many as 3 stays within 3 years)
- Monthly Stipend: 3,150 EUR per month
- Eligibility: Completion of PhD (or equivalent) within the past 12 years
Additional allowances are available for accompanying family members, travel expenses, and German language instruction.
More program information available at: