The Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation (OEIE) at Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS seeks a Grant Specialist to join a service-oriented multi-disciplinary team. This position supports pre- and post-award administration for the Office of Educational Innovation (OEIE) and Evaluation at K-State. The Grant Specialist works closely with faculty and staff to research and ensure submissions meet grant application parameters. The position is responsible for developing the evaluation components for proposals, including logic models, budget justifications, and supporting documents required for proposal submission as well as contributing to OEIE proposals in response to solicitations for evaluation services and research projects. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assisting with communicating and marketing OEIE development services.
Job Duties include:
- Collaborate with clients to develop proposals, including evaluations plans and logic models.
- Research sources of funding related to the work of OEIE.
- Contribute proposals in response to solicitations for evaluation services and research projects.
- Analyze and interpret policies, procedures, and guidelines related to proposals.
- Develop required documents and budget justifications for proposals.
- Provide needed material to K-State PreAward Services.
Why Join OEIE?
OEIE is a fast-paced and growing office in the College of Education at Kansas State University. OEIE provides technical assistance and capacity building services in evaluation and program development to various state and federal agencies, universities, foundations, and businesses. OEIE has conducted research and evaluation services for oer 400 projects totaling more than $350 million. Additional details about funding projects and services can be found on the OEIE website at https://www.k-state.edu/oeie/.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree and one to three years of relevant experience
- Experience in program evaluation.
- Experience with writing proposals and an understanding of program planning.
- Ability to analyze and interpret policies, procedures and guidelines related to proposal development.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both verbal and written, being detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Be proactive, flexible, and demonstrate organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in diverse and changing environments.
- Demonstrate problem-solving, critical thinking skills and analytical skills; including the ability to analyze administrative problems, make recommendations for improvement, aand take appropriate courses of action.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office. Adobe file conversion, and ability to quickly master specialized software applications.
- Ability to learn and work within specialized databases.
- Administrative experience such as program management and budget development.
- Experience with evaluation stakeholders such as state and federal program funding agencies.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
$42,930 - $54,730
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Great team environment
- K-State unclassified staff benefits (pdf)
Term 12-month appointment contingent upon continued availability of funding and the need for these services.
Apply for the Grant Specialist position at K-State Careers. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.