Graduate Assistantship for Project Evaluation
Positions Available Starting May 2019
Are you interested in applied social science research and evaluation? Would you like to get some real-world experience in collecting, analyzing and reporting qualitative and quantitative data while still in school? Our office is looking for an energetic graduate assistant to join our team! We provide comprehensive and collaborative project development, strategic planning and program evaluation services for K-State, as well as state agencies, foundations and other universities across the country.
As part of the evaluation team, you will work with full-time staff to:
- Develop instrumentation (survey, interview, focus groups)
- Conduct a variety of quantitative and qualitative analysis including Social Network Analysis, Bibliometrics, descriptive statistics, content analysis, etc.
- Design visual representations of data
- Create report summaries and technical reports
- Research funded programs
- Identify appropriate methodologies based on literature review
- Interest in applied social science research and evaluation
- Expertise with Microsoft applications Word, Access, and Excel.
- Flexibility and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain work schedules, meet deadlines in completing assignments, and follow instruction.
- Ability to think critically to solve problems, and show initiative.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on assignments.
Application ProcessClick here to apply, or copy and paste following link: https://kstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b437DLIqBuUkp01
Screening and interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Hours: 20 hours a week, Monday-Friday (.5 FTE)
Note: Admission to the Kansas State University Graduate School and minimum enrollment in 6 credit hours (maximum 10 credit hours) is required. The graduate student filling this position is eligible to participate in health insurance commensurate with a .5 GTA/GRA appointment.
This is a twelve-month position requiring 20 hours per week (.5 FTE), beginning as early as May 2019.
Kansas State University is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Background check required.