National Agricultural Biosecurity Center aims to develop, coordinate, implement, and leverage a broad range of programs and capabilities to address diverse threats to the U.S. and world agricultural economies and food supply. Our objectives are to:
- Assist government agencies, private industry, and other organizations responsible for addressing diverse threats to America’s agricultural infrastructure;
- Assist in evaluation and review of policy and procedures of agricultural events and exercises to improve future responses;
- Increase public awareness of the agroterrorism threat and its ramifications for homeland security;
- Engage in policy review and analysis (evaluation) to improve agrosecurity safeguards;
- Review and analyze policies, procedures, events, training exercises, and response plans.