Keyboard Pedagogy Emphasis
In addition to the core requirements, the following is required for a MM degree with an emphasis in keyboard pedagogy.
6 hours individual instruction and the following courses:
- MUSIC 821 - Piano Pedagogy I Credits: (3)
- MUSIC 822 - Piano Pedagogy II Credits: (3)
- MUSIC 823 - Supervised Teaching in Piano Credits: (2)
- MUSIC 824 - Half Recital in Piano Credits: (1)
- MUSIC 825 - Lecture Recital in Piano Credits: (1)
Master’s report (recital)
In place of a master’s recital and report, all students will present a lecture–recital consisting of a musically illustrated presentation on some aspect of piano pedagogy. MUSIC 824 and MUSIC 825 will replace the two credits of MUSIC 898 Graduate Report.