The mission of the Kansas State University School of Music, Theatre, and Dance is:
- to nurture the artistic, educational, scholarly, and creative development of students pursuing studies in the performing arts,
- to offer performance and academic course opportunities for all students providing an enhanced liberal arts education,
- to contribute to the local, regional, national, and international performing arts communities through research, creative, and educational activities,
- to provide a supportive environment that encourages the professional development of its faculty.
In fulfilling its mission, the program is dedicated to upholding a standard of excellence in all endeavors, attracting the best students, hiring and retaining the most qualified faculty, and taking an active role in the intellectual and cultural life of the university, the state, and the nation.
The School of Music, Theatre, and Dance develops creative leaders and critical thinkers through:
- Student-centered education in the performing arts,
- Flexible, multi-disciplinary curriculum,
- High quality performance, research, and outreach.