Military Credit Transfers

K-State currently evaluates over 300 military transcripts annually. The following policies and processes are in place for the evaluation of undergraduate credit.

Joint Service Transcripts (JSTs) must be submitted to the Office of Admissions for an official evaluation. To see courses that have already been evaluated, search for "Military - Army Coast Guard Navy Marines" on our Transfer Equivalency Tool. Courses are listed by course code found on your Joint Service Transcript. Air Force courses are listed under Air University.

Evaluation of credit associated with military service is a two-step process:

  1. The Office of Admissions completes the first step by awarding credit based on "A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services" published by the American Council on Education (ACE).
  2. Admissions follows these recommendations and notifies students of this assessment. Review the list of documentation needed for evaluation.

The following are not eligible for K-State credit:

    • Military correspondence courses, most vocational courses, and courses that last less than two weeks.
    • Credits resulting from military evaluations granted by other institutions.

Some academic units may award additional credits for specific degree requirements during academic advising and enrollment. Application of any additional credit to a K-State degree is contingent on the student’s major. An advisor in each academic area of interest can assist students in understanding if additional credit may be awarded.

Credit awarded through military credential evaluation will be recorded on each student's records at the time the student is admitted to K-State and enrolls in K-State courses.

Military Occupation Pathways

K-State has articulated military credit for various occupation fields and evaluates hundreds of Joint Service Transcripts each year. In collaboration with the Kansas Board of Regents and other partners, specialized programs have been developed for the occupational areas listed below.

These represent specialize programs. To see a full list of credit you may receive for your training and occupation, visit our transfer equivalency tool and search your branch.