T.E.A.M. Mentor Information
The KS-LSAMP T.E.A.M. (Transfer. Engagement. Achievement. Mentorship) program is designed to help community college students make a successful transition from their two-year institution to K-State by connecting them with current K-State students.
The application deadline to become a T.E.A.M. mentor is February 1, 2019. You can find the form to apply under the Application section (bottom of the page).
- Current K-State student who has transferred from a community college and will have completed two semesters at K-State
- Currently majoring in a KS-LSAMP STEM major (see chart below)
- Compensation for participation
- Opportunities to support the transfer of other students to K-State
- Leadership Opportunity
As a K-State student-mentor, you will be paired with another K-State student-mentor and then assigned to one community college mentee to form a team of three. You will co-mentor the student mentee with your K-State partner. As a mentor, our expectations are that you:
- Be available to participate in the program from February 11, 2019 to April 26, 2019 (10 weeks)
- Attend monthly program meetings (3 total, 1 hr each)
- Learn to navigate the T.E.A.M. K-State Online class and log-in once a week
- Schedule at least one meeting with your K-State partner mentor
- Communicate with your mentee at least 30 minutes weekly throughout the semester (5 hours total)
- Maintain a record of communication with your mentee
- Host your mentee for an on-campus event at K-State (Spring 2019)
- Help your mentee complete an application for admission to K-State
KS-LSAMP STEM majors
You can find the mentor application HERE. Completed applications should be sent to Brenee King, email@example.com via email or can be delivered in person at 1011 Seaton Hall, Kansas State University.
The deadline for Spring 2019 is February 1, 2019.
Questions can be directed toward Brenee King at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6054.