T.E.A.M Mentee Information
The KS-LSAMP T.E.A.M. (Transfer Engagement And Mentoring) program is designed to help community college students make a successful transition from their two-year institution to K-State by connecting them with current K-State students.
The application deadline to become a T.E.A.M. mentee is September 13, 2019. You can find the form to apply under the Application section (bottom of the page).
- Current community college student
- Interest in transferring to K-State to complete a bachelor's degree in a KS-LSAMP STEM field (see chart below)
- Compensation for your participation
- Mentorship and first-hand knowledge from current K-State transfer students
- Admissions waiver
As a community college mentee, you will be assigned a team of two K-State-mentors. As a mentee, our expectation is that you will:
- Be available to participate from September 30 - November 22, 2019 (8 weeks)
- Attend an initial Mentee Development Session (1 hour)
- Attend one mid-program meeting with other mentees (1 hour)
- Communicate with your mentor at least 30 minutes weekly throughout the semester (4 hours total)
- Attend an on-campus event at K-State (Fall 2019)
KS-LSAMP STEM fields
You can find the mentee application HERE. Completed applications should be submitted to Brenee King at email@example.com via email (preferred method) or mailed to 920 N. 17th Street, 1011 Seaton Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506.
The application deadline for Fall 2019 is September 13, 2019.
Questions can be directed toward Brenee King via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6054.