T.E.A.M Mentee Information
The KS-LSAMP T.E.A.M. (Transfer. Engagement. Achievement. Mentorship) program is designed to help community college students make a successful transition from their two-year institution to K-State by connecting them with current K-State students.
The application deadline to become a T.E.A.M. mentee is February 1, 2019. You can find the form to apply under the Application section (bottom of the page).
- Community college student who will have completed at least one semester at their current institution
- Interest in transferring to K-State to complete a bachelor's degree in a KS-LSAMP STEM field (see chart below)
- Compensation for your participation
- Mentorship and first-hand knowledge from current K-State transfer students
- Admissions waiver
As a community college mentee, you will be assigned a team of two K-State-mentors. As a mentee, our expectation is that you will:
- Be available to participate from February 11, 2019 - April 26, 2019 (10 weeks)
- Attend an initial Mentee Development Session (1 hour)
- Learn to navigate the T.E.A.M. K-State online class and log-in once a week
- Communicate with your mentor at least 30 minutes weekly throughout the semester (5 hours total)
- Attend an on-campus event at K-State (Spring 2019)
- Complete, with the help of your mentor, an application for admission to K-State.
KS-LSAMP STEM fields
You can find the mentee application HERE. Completed applications should be submitted to Brenee King at firstname.lastname@example.org via email (preferred method) or mailed to 920 N. 17th Street, 1011 Seaton Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506.
The application deadline for Spring 2019 is February 1, 2019.
Questions can be directed toward Brenee King via email, email@example.com or 785-532-6054.