T.E.A.M Mentee Information
The KS-LSAMP T.E.A.M. (Transfer Engagement And Mentoring) program is designed to help community college students make a successful transition from their two-year institution to K-State by connecting them with current K-State students.
The application deadline to become a T.E.A.M. mentee is September 7, 2020. You can find the form to apply under the Application section (bottom of the page).
- Current community college student
- Interest in transferring to K-State to complete a bachelor's degree in a KS-LSAMP STEM field (see chart below)
- Compensation for your participation
- Mentorship and first-hand knowledge from current K-State transfer students
As a community college mentee, you will be assigned a K-State-mentor. As a mentee, our expectation is that you will:
- Be available to participate from September 21 - November 13, 2020 (8 weeks)
- Attend an initial Mentee Development Session (1 hour)
- Attend one mid-program meeting with other mentees (1 hour)
- Attend one end-program meeting with other mentees (1 hour)
- Communicate with your mentor at least 30 minutes weekly throughout the semester (4 hours total)
KS-LSAMP STEM fields
On-line applications can be found here: bit.ly/menteeTEAM20F
You will need a copy of your Fall 2020 class schedule and a copy of your resume for your application to be complete. If neither are available at time of application, you can email to email@example.com at a later time.
A paper copy of the mentee application (same as on-line version) can be found HERE. Completed applications should be submitted via email to Brenee King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline for Fall 2020 is September 7, 2020.
Questions can be directed toward Brenee King via email, email@example.com or 785-532-5385.