Trisha Gott, Ed.D.
We are home to thinking, being, doing and leading around ethical global leadership practices. The Staley School is not just about what leadership is or requires, but about shifting and engaging mindsets, practices and dispositions that invite more people to engage, to explore, to practice and to deepen leadership.
- EDLEA 968: Graduate Research Methods on Discourse Analysis
- LEAD 450: Senior Seminar in Leadership
Research and grants
- Student leadership education and development
- Global leadership education and development
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders Leadership in Civic Engagement Institute Grant, principal investigator and co-academic director
- Coffman Leadership Institute
- Mandela Washington Fellowship Leadership and Civic Engagement at Kansas State, administrative director
- Gott, T. (2019). Leadership Development Through Campus Employment: Preparing a New Workforce. The Journal of Campus Activities and Practice, 1(2), 10–18.
- Gott, T., Bauer, T., & Long, K. (2019). Student Leadership Today, Professional Employment Tomorrow. New Directions for Student Leadership, 2019: 91-109.
- Gott, T., Kliewer, B.W., Priest, K.L., & Tolar, M.H. (2018). The Path Forward: A Case for Openness in Leadership Studies. Journal of Leadership Studies, 12: 56-59.
- Tolar, M.H., & Gott, T. (2012). What's the DEAL? Program Level Examination of Reflection Design. Journal of Applied Learning in Higher Education, 4, 3-22.
- Ed.D. in educational leadership, Kansas State University
- M.S. in educational leadership, Kansas State University
- B.A. in modern languages and women's studies, Kansas State University
- Certificates in community-based learning and qualitative research
More about me
I love Yin Yoga. I am all in for the slowness, the intentionality, and the mindful practice. I balance that with Spin but only stationary bikes for me. I spend a lot of time reading next to my family of four other wonderful humans. We also enjoy listening and dancing to music together, and traveling to see our family in the west.