Our programs are where students can learn from others and consider how they want to be a part of community here in Manhattan, across the United States and around the world. I love facilitating opportunities for students that allow them to reach their potential, and I believe my top five strengths allow me to do this work well.
- Direct several service-learning and leadership development programs: Academic Mentors, Alternative Breaks, International Service Teams, HandsOn Kansas State and Snyder Leadership Legacy Fellows
- Teach LEAD 489: Seminar in International Service Learning
- Mandela Washington Fellowship Leadership and Civic Engagement at Kansas State, programming director
Research and grants
- Service-learning, local and global
- Professional and leadership development for student employees
- Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders Leadership in Civic Engagement Institute Grant, 2016-2020
- Mandela Washington Fellowship Reciprocal Exchange, 2018
- Public Affairs Small Grant with Agrointroductions Ghana, 2019
- K-State Global Campus Development Grant, 2017
- NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education:
Region 4-W advisory board and Student Leadership Programs Knowledge Community Team
- Gott, T., Bauer, T., & Long, K. (2019). Student Leadership Today, Professional Employment Tomorrow. New Directions for Student Leadership, 2019: 91-109.
- M.A. in student affairs administration and higher education, Ball State University
- B.S. in business administration, entrepreneurship, Kansas State University
More about me
I enjoy spending time with friends and family, traveling and exploring the MHK food scene.