Andrew Wefald, Ph.D.
I love the culture and fellowship at the Staley School, my colleagues are supportive and collaborative. Our students are amazing and I love working with them to develop their leadership capacity.
- LEAD 212: Introduction to Leadership Concepts
- LEAD 350: Culture and Context in Leadership
- LEAD 450: Senior Seminar in Leadership Studies
Research and grants
My research interests are mostly around leadership and psychology with a focus on quantitative data research methods. Specific interests include developing meaningful leadership projects for students and creating coaching cultures in the classroom and in the workplace.
- Leadership coaching
- Leadership education and development
- Personality and job attitudes
- Civic Engagement Fellow, K-State's Center for Engagement and Community Development, 2019-2020
- International Research and Exchange reciprocal grant to provide leadership training to teachers in Tanzania, 2020
Rost Award for Outstanding Faculty/Staff, Staley School Ambassadors, 2017
- International Coach Federation, member
- International Leadership Association, member
- College of Education, Student Affairs Committee, chair
- Rubin, L. M., Dringenberg, E. A., Lane, J. J., & Wefald, A. J. (2019). Faculty Beliefs about the Nature of Intelligence. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 19(4).
- Wefald, A. J., Smith, M. R., Gopalan, N., & Downey, R. G. (2017). Workplace Vigor as a Distinct Positive Organizational Behavior Construct: Evaluating the Construct Validity of the Shirom-Melamed Vigor Measure (SMVM).Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, 29(4), 197-220.
- Mencl, J., Wefald, A. J., & van Ittersum, K. (2016). The Effects of Interpersonal Skills and Work Engagement on Transformational Leadership and the Well-Being of Leaders. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 37(5), 635-657.
- Wefald, A. J., Mills, M. J., Smith, M. R., & Downey, R. G. (2013). Vigorous Groups? An Examination of Vigor at the Dimension Level and its Relationship to Work Attitudes in Teams. Psychology Research, 3(6), 330-344.
- Ph.D. in industrial/organizational psychology, Kansas State University
- M.B.A. in marketing, Kansas State University
- B.S. in history, Iowa State University
- Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
More about me
I enjoy being outside, walking, exercising, listening to and playing music, and I have a great family and group of friends that I enjoy spending my time with.