Kathlyn Gomendoza, Biology/Pre-Medicine, with research mentor, Dr. Lorena Passarelli, Professor of Biology. Kathlyn is a UHP student and participant in the prestigious Developing Scholars Program. She was recently recognized nationally as a 2017 Goldwater Honorable Mention.
1. Interested in joining the UHP? Our application is open for students entering in Fall 2022. Apply at the Honors Administration Link. Priority application deadline is December 1, 2021.
2. Applying as a high school student? We have adopted more holistic selection criteria for Spring 2022 and beyond. We no longer specify a minimum GPA. In addition, ACT/SAT scores are optional. We look forward to reading your application.
3. The list of Spring 2022 Honors Courses is now live!
4. We've moved! The Honors Program is now located at 203 Leadership Studies Building! Check out our new location and say hello if you find yourself in the neighborhood.
5. The Honors House was the 2020 Community of the Year at K-State. Why not live there? Check out this virtual tour of the Honors House on YouTube.
Are you intellectually curious? Do you enroll in challenging courses? Do you have lofty ambitions and career plans? If so, please consider applying for admission to the University Honors Program (Apply to join the UHP).
Through honors course work, honors students learn from experienced faculty and talented peers, and, in so doing, become members of a stimulating and diverse scholarly community. Through selected co-curricular experiences--such as study abroad, undergraduate research, teaching assistantships, internships, and participation on competition teams--honors students enrich their undergraduate experience and prepare themselves for their future goals.
Through individualized learning experiences, such as faculty-mentored honors projects, honors students tailor their studies to meet distinctive goals and produce tangible expressions of their interests and academic abilities. Honors students also receive targeted benefits and privileges which are designed to facilitate engagement and maximize learning. We are very proud of our honors students and their accomplishments, and we welcome you to consider joining our community.
Read our flyer: Elevate Your Perspective