Student Learning Outcomes
The long-term aim for the K-State First Book is to provide opportunities for every first-year student to have multiple meaningful engagements around the common book inside and outside of class. Following these multiple meaningful engagements around the common book, students will be able to do each of the following.
- Consider new ideas, values, and concepts introduced by the book and the discussion of it
- Express their own understandings of the book in respectful dialogue with others
- Listen with appreciation to the perspectives and interpretations of others
- Interact effectively with others in activities and discussions built around the book and the issues it raises
Application of Learning
- Use what was learned from the book in other settings, both in the classroom and more broadly in the university community