1. K-State home
  2. »ISSS
  3. »Students
  4. »J1
  5. »Early Departure from K-State

International Student and Scholar Services

Early Departure from K-State

If you plan to withdraw from or leave Kansas State University and return to your home country, you must contact ISSS to complete the Early Departure Notice form. After submitting your Early Departure Notice, ISSS will end your SEVIS record. 
A J-1 student who has obtained written authorization from an advisor in ISSS prior to (before) withdrawing from classes will be allowed a 15-day grace period for departure from the U.S. A student who terminates his or her course of study without prior approval or otherwise fails to maintain status is not eligible for any grace period for departure.

Once you have withdrawn from your courses at Kansas State University, you are not allowed to work on campus or engage in any benefits approved for you based on your current status.

In order to return to the U.S. at a future date and resume study at K-State, you will need to apply for readmission and obtain a new SEVIS record/ DS-2019. See an ISSS advisor if you have additional questions.

Quick Links to forms on this page:

Early Departure Form


ISSS Office