Transferring In to Kansas State

All students currently in F-1 or J-1 status attending any type of SEVIS approved institution (high school, college, university, intensive English institute) in the U.S. who plan to transfer to Kansas State University must work with their current school to complete the transfer procedure through SEVIS. Complete the Transfer In form for F-1 or J-1 student (located in the sidebar) & return to International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) at

Transfer In Procedure for F-1 students:

1. Receive admission to Kansas State University

2. Notify your current school of your intentions to transfer.

3. Complete Part I of the F-1 Transfer In form (only after you have been admitted and choose to attend K-State)

4. Have an international student advisor at your current institution complete Part II.

  • You and your current school must determine the date you wish to have your SEVIS record electronically released to K-State.
  • Once the form has been completed, return it to ISSS at Kansas State University by email to or fax to 785-532-6607.

5. After the release date in SEVIS, K-State will be able to issue an I-20 for you.

  • If you plan to travel outside the U.S. between attendance at the two schools, ISSS will issue the K-State I-20 after the release date in SEVIS.
    • Upon your return to the U.S., you must check-in with ISSS. This is done electronically. Please visit our Orientation page for the check-in survey and the orientation schedule.
  • If you do not have plans of traveling outside the U.S. between attendance at the two schools a new I-20 will not be issued until you have checked in and enrolled in your classes for the upcoming term.
    • Once you have checked-in and enrolled in your classes, please notify ISSS by emailing A new I-20 will then be issued within 5 business days.