Transferring In to Kansas State
All students currently in F-1 or J-1 status attending any type of SEVIS approved institution (high school, college, university, intensive English institute) in the U.S. who plan to transfer to Kansas State University must work with their current school to complete the transfer procedure through SEVIS. Complete the Transfer In form for F-1 or J-1 student (located in the sidebar) & return to International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) at email@example.com or fax to 785-532-6607.
Transfer In Procedure for F-1 students:
1. Receive admission to Kansas State University
2. Notify your current school of your intentions to transfer.
3. Complete Part I of the F-1 Transfer In form (only after you have been admitted and choose to attend K-State)
4. Have an international student advisor at your current institution complete Part II.
- You and your current school must determine the date you wish to have your SEVIS record electronically released to K-State.
- Once the form has been completed, return it to ISSS at Kansas State University by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 785-532-6607.
5. After the release date in SEVIS, K-State will be able to issue an I-20 for you.
- If you plan to travel outside the U.S. between attendance at the two schools, ISSS will issue the K-State I-20 after the release date in SEVIS. You will need to contact our office by email at email@example.com so that we can determine the best way to get the I-20 to you.
- Upon your return to the U.S., you must check-in with ISSS. Please visit our Orientation page for a schedule of our group check-in sessions. You will need to bring your current I-20, passport and I-94 with you to check-in.
- If you do not have plans of traveling outside the U.S. between attendance at the two schools, you must check-in with ISSS once you have arrived in Manhattan. Please visit our Orientation page for a schedule of our group check-in sessions. You will need to bring your current I-20, passport and I-94 with you to check-in.
- Once you have checked-in and enrolled in your classes, please notify ISSS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A new I-20 will then be issued within 5 business days.