Inviting Guests

The documents listed below could be used to support visitor visa applications for family and friends. These are only suggestions, as there are no specific requirements for B-2 visitor visa applications. This information is not to be used for a student or scholar wanting to invite a spouse or dependent child under the age of 21.

  1. Copy of the Form I-20 (if in F-1 status), copy of the form DS-2019 (if in J-1 status) or a copy of the I-797 approval notice (if in H-1B status)
  2. If a student, then you can include Verification of Enrollment --(Request from the Registrar’s Office- ( OR a copy of your transcripts (Request from the Registrar’s Office- http://www. )
  3. Personal invitation letter (Template in word). This letter is signed by the student or scholar, not by the staff at International Student and Scholar Services.