What is convening?
Convening refers to the advance planning, hosting, and follow-up to a public conversation event or series. Groups who convene public conversations lay the groundwork for success by their careful preparation with five essential elements:
- Framing the issue and goals for the public conversation;
- Developing team roles (facilitation, publicity, hosting, etc.);
- Identifying and soliciting stakeholders to participate;
- Seeking appropriate process models to structure the conversation;
- Scheduling and publicity for the event.
To request professional assistance for your convening group, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find other groups in Kansas who convene facilitated public conversations.