Submit the following materials no later than 10 business days after your last day of travel. If you are unable to meet this deadline, notify the GSC immediately at email@example.com or contact the Graduate School at 785-532-6191.
Items 1-4 are required and items 1-3 must be submitted in hard copy form in person or by campus or postal mail to the Graduate School.
Please DO NOT send materials via email. If you are a distance student or for some other reason are unable to submit reimbursement materials in person or by mail, please contact Ms. Cynthia Brott (firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-6191).
- Travel reimbursement form (required)
- W-9 form (required)
- Students who do not have a Social Security Number should contact the Graduate School (785-532-6191) for more information.
- Conference schedule/agenda
- Boarding passes (if claiming reimbursement for airfare)
- Signed original receipts for expenses you are claiming GSC reimbursement (required)
ONLY the following expenses will be reimbursed with a GSC travel award:
- Airfare (must provide boarding passes to receive reimbursement for airfare)
- Baggage fees
- Rental car and gas for rental car
- Parking fees
- Taxi, shuttle, subway and bus fares
- Personal vehicle mileage (no receipts required, see state reimbursement rates)
- Impact statement (required)
- Use the online form below to submit a 50-100 word description of the impact the event has had on your future research/scholarly work and career development. These comments are valuable for the promotion of KSU graduate student research and scholarship and the GSC travel award program.
- Event photos (optional)
- You are encouraged, but not required, to submit photos of yourself at the conference (ideally during your presentation, if giving one).
- Impact statements and photos will be used for marketing the GSC travel grant program.
Submit your impact statement and photos in an online form.
Receiving your travel award reimbursement
Please allow up to six weeks to receive you travel award funds from the time you submit reimbursement materials.
If you have direct deposit established with K-State, your GSC travel award will be deposited to that same account. For example, if you are a GTA, GRA, or GA and receive your stipend payments in a bank account, or if you have received refunds from the cashier's office via direct deposit, your GSC travel award will be posted to that same account.
If you do not have direct deposit, the reimbursement will be sent in the form of a paper check to the address you provide on the W9 form.
Please direct questions regarding GSC travel awards to email@example.com.