Leadership Shadow Program for Graduate Students
Are you interested in gaining first-hand experience in university leadership? The Graduate Student Council is partnering with Kansas State University leaders to provide graduate students a half-day experience shadowing a K-State administrator to learn about their role at the university.
Benefits to participating
- An excellent opportunity to learn more about the organization and operations of a large research university
- Explore potential career paths in higher education
- Advance your leadership and career readiness skills by observing other leaders in action
- Must be enrolled in a K-State master’s or doctoral program in spring 2023 and fall 2023.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- All shadow experiences will take place at the Manhattan campus. If you are not studying at the Manhattan campus, you are welcome to apply but must be able to come to the Manhattan campus for the half-day experience if selected for the program.
Fall 2023 Program
Application deadline: May 28, 2023
To be considered for the shadow program, complete the application form and provide a short essay on how this experience will support your professional goals.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Graduate Student Council Student Affairs Committee. Top applicants will be recommended to the university leaders for final selection.
- The number of students selected for the program will vary from semester to semester, depending on the number of university leaders available to participate. For the Fall 2023 program, we estimate 3-6 positions will be available.
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision prior to the start of the Fall semester.
Please direct questions to the Graduate Student Council at email@example.com.