Graduate Student Leadership Development Program
The Graduate Student Leadership Development Program (GSLDP) provides K-State graduate students an opportunity to develop leadership skills to make positive change in your work, studies, and student organizations. Through this semester-long experience, you will work with Leadership Studies faculty and your peers to dive into challenges that are most important to you. The Staley School of Leadership and the Graduate School have created this program specifically for graduate students who want to move beyond technical expertise to solve problems.
Spring 2023 cohort program
Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2023 program, which will be conducted in a fully virtual format.
Application deadline: December 1, 2022
Program learning objectives
- Distinguish between authority and leadership
- Understand the concepts of adaptive leadership including diagnosing the situation, managing self, intervening skillfully, and energizing others
- Understand how to facilitate change in self, others, and community
- Exercise leadership on difficult challenges in personal and professional settings
- Develop capacity for inclusive leadership practice
The Graduate Student Leadership Development Program is offered in partnership by the Graduate School, the Staley School of Leadership, and the Leadership Communication Doctoral program.
Questions about the Graduate Student Leadership Development Program may be directed to Megan Miller, Student Success Coordinator, email@example.com, or 785-532-6191.