Graduate Student Ambassador Program
If you enjoy meeting new people, sharing your experiences as a K-State graduate student, and are interested in developing your leadership potential, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Graduate School is searching for current students to be Graduate Student Ambassadors. We are looking for graduate students who are proud and passionate to be a K-State student and are eager to share their K-State graduate student experiences and to welcome prospective and incoming graduate students to the K-State community!
Who are graduate ambassdors?
Kansas State University Graduate Student Ambassadors are current graduate students who come from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds and serve as student representatives of the Graduate School. Ambassadors support prospective, new, and current students by providing campus tours, interacting with furture and incoming students through email, and assisting with Graduate School events.
- Must be currently enrolled graduate student and have completed at least one semester at Kansas State University and remain in good academic standing.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to be a positive representative of Kansas State University with diverse constituents.
- Must be able to commit up to 1-2 hours per week of volunteer work.
- Have a positive, enthusiastic attitude about K-State and strong customer service skills.
Graduate ambassador responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to emails from prospective and newly admitted students about their graduate program and about graduate student life at K-State and in Manhattan.
- Assist with Graduate School events during the academic year, such as orientation for new graduate students and commencement ceremonies each fall and spring semester.
- Provide campus tours to prospective, newly admitted, and current graduate students. These are 40-60 minute walking tours of campus.
In the application form, you will be asked to upload your CV or resume and provide contact information for one professional reference from your graduate program.
Application Deadline: June 18, 2021
Questions about the Graduate Ambassador program may be directed to Megan Miller, Graduate School Student Success Coordinator, email@example.com, 785-532-6191.