Your health and well-being are important to us. Please know that we are here to support you as we adapt to this continually evolving situation. The staff of the Office of First-generation Students will be working remotely for the rest of the semester. We are available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
We can schedule Zoom meetings for appointments if you prefer to talk to us. Please let us know how we can support you.
The Front Line of Success
The Office of First-generation Students supports students who are first in their families to graduate from a four-year college by connecting them to campus resources, coordinating efforts across the university to serve them and fostering a first-generation community.
Welcome First-year Students!
Check out the following resources to get you started:
Housing and Dining:
- This video gives you some ideas on what to bring to campus if you are living in the residence halls:
- This resource guide offers a complete list of what you can and cannot bring to the residence halls on page 4 along with some important dates to remember: Housing and Dining Resource Guide
- Please visit Housing and Dining Services for more information!
- FAFSA information: Follow this link to go to K-State's Office of Student Financial Assistance webpage. There you will find videos from the Federal Student Aid YouTube page that cover how to fill out the FAFSA to what to do next. Check out all the important information about the FAFSA on this webpage.
- Scholarship and financial aid process: Follow this link to see a step-by-step guide on how to obtain aid, and keep the important dates in mind
Instructions to fill out the FAFSA in Spanish, instrucciones para llenar el formulario de FAFSA en español: