Call for Papers
Kansas State University invites submission of abstracts for Exploring the Digital Medium: Cross Disciplinary Collaboration in the Digital Humanities.
This symposium seeks to examine the interdisciplinary nature of digital humanities scholarship, including the involvement of arts, sciences, and social sciences.
Proposal Deadline - January 16, 2015
Topics may include
- Digital research in humanities disciplines
- Digital humanities pedagogy or dissemination of theories and practices
- Visualization, analysis, and computational representations of humanities content
- Sustainability of digital projects and information lifecycles
- Public humanities in digital environments
- Humanities computing and data curation
- Humanist concerns in digital arts, architecture, or design
- Digital performing arts
- Collaborative partnerships for digital work between humanities and/or social sciences and the sciences
Abstract or submission topics will be divided into the following categories:
Paper/Presentation (15-20 minutes) | Abstract length: 250-500 words
Pecha Kucha (15-20 slides shown for 20 seconds each; 5 - 6:40 minutes) | Abstract length: 250-500 words (What is a Pecha Kucha?)
Poster Presentations | Abstract: 250-500 words
We encourage both scholars, undergraduate, and graduate students to submit abstracts for Pecha Kucha and poster presentations.
Submissions are due by January 16, 2015. Email your abstracts as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Symposium application in the subject line
Institutional affiliations, if applicable
All proposals are peer-reviewed. Notification of acceptance or decline will be made via e-mail.