Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools since 1916. The university participates through the Open Pathway reaffirmation of accreditation process (formerly the Program to Evaluate and Advance Quality (PEAQ) process), and last underwent a comprehensive self-study and site visit during the 2011-2012 academic year. The university completed a mid-cycle assurance review during the 2015-16 academic year. Please see our statement of accreditation status page on the HLC web site for more information.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
A Commission of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools
- HLC Web site
- Understanding Accreditation
- Commission Statement on Assessment of Student Learning (pdf)
- Transition from PEAQ to the "Open Pathway" for reaffirmation of accreditation
HLC Accreditation Reports
- 2012 Reaffirmation of Accreditation Self-Study Website - Includes the most recent and past self-study reports.
- 2016 Open Pathway Mid-Cycle Assurance Review
Accredited Programs at K-State
In addition to university (regional) accreditation, many programs also maintain specialized accreditation from a wide-range of agencies. View the table of all accredited, licensed, and registered programs.