Animal Science Arena
Premier Facility for K-State's Animal Sciences Program
This project will create a hub for animal sciences by creating a destination for current and future students, Kansas stakeholders, and the regional and national livestock industry.
It includes a new multispecies competition arena to support teaching and youth and extension efforts in equine and livestock sciences.
The new competition arena will:
- Enhance K-State’s animal sciences academic programs, preparing students for work in the livestock industry;
- Improve campuswide recruitment of future students through the support of youth activities
(4-H, FFA, horse and livestock shows);
- Provide a venue for horse and livestock outreach and extension programs and competitions; and
- Ensure a safe and efficient environment for the K-State Rodeo Club to practice and host the annual Collegiate Rodeo.
Features of the new competition arena include the following.
- 130 feet × 250 feet arena with bleacher seating for 3,000 people
- Stock pens with bucking chutes and roping boxes
- Enclosed 80 feet × 80 feet staging area
- Covered wash area for horses and cattle, as well as 10 small livestock wash pens
- Manager’s office, meeting room, restrooms with showers, and a security/first aid room
- An open lobby that features concessions and beverage sales
- Second-floor VIP area with windows overlooking the arena and staging area
Invitation to invest
Now is the time to invest — Kansas State University has an inspiring opportunity. To help the world’s ability to feed two billion more people by 2050. To contribute to a Kansas economy that thrives. To optimize agriculture for the highest levels of efficiency and yield. The sky’s the limit.