Two-part virtual ACT workshop
- Sunday, Oct. 10 and Sunday, Oct. 17 (Registration Closed)
- 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- $75 per student, which covers the cost and mailing of program materials, as well as access to the course itself.
Learn how to take control of the ACT and not let it control you! This workshop consists of two, three-hour virtual sessions covering the four ACT subject tests.
- You will gain insight into the test's content and format while learning practical test-taking strategies for maximizing your test scores.
- This class covers general ideas about the test as a whole, as well as specific strategies for each sub-test:
- English: Learn what the ACT test-writers are testing you on and how to approach types of questions.
- Math: Learn what problem-solving skills and math skills you need and how you will be tested.
- Reading: Learn your best method for doing well on ACT reading.
- Science: Learn common passage and question types and what’s really required to do well on this test.
ACT's "Preparing for the ACT" curriculum is used to help guide the workshop content.
You'll learn the answers to these important questions:
- How do I prepare in advance?
- What can I expect on test day?
- What can I learn about myself?
- How can I improve my scores?
- Should I retake the ACT?
- Does K-State require the written portion of the ACT?
You will log in to the workshop using a link that will be provided to you via your registration email, along with additional details. A K-State representative will greet you once you enter the virtual classroom to get you all set up. All workshop materials will be mailed to you in advance of the course as well.
Learn more about how the workshop is facilitated (and who by), how the workshop has helped past participants and more about K-State's event policies.
We're here to help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.