Travel to campus
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding your transportation to K-State.
Customs and border patrol requirements
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The TSA is in charge of security and screening at airports within the United States. The TSA website can help you prepare for your trip.
- Transporting liquids: Anything larger than 100ml will not be allowed through security and will be thrown away. Learn about liquid rules.
- Non-liquid items prohibited by the TSA.
- A list of all items that are controlled or not allowed.
- If you will be traveling with any medication, be sure to pay special attention to medicine restrictions.
MHK - Mahattan Regional Airport
We strongly suggest flying into the Manhattan Regional Airport (MHK), located only minutes away from campus. We provide a free shuttle for arriving students from the airport to campus Wednesday through Friday of arrival week. It takes students to campus only. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in this service.
MCI - Kansas City International Airport
The Kansas City International Airport is a much larger airport than the Manhattan Regional Airport. This option may offer greater flexibility and more arrival options. However, Kansas City is more than 200 km (130 mi) from campus and we do not have a pickup service available for students arriving at this airport. Transportation options from Kansas City to Manhattan will be expensive.
Getting to campus from the airport
Manhattan Regional Airport to Campus
- A free airport shuttle will be available from Manhattan Regional Airport (MHK) to K-State on-campus housing during arrival week.
- This shuttle is available to students arriving in August or January arrival week for the Fall or Spring semesters. The shuttle is not offered for Summer semester.
- Uber and Lyft operate in Manhattan, as well as several taxi services.
- Note: taxis are not automatically waiting at the Manhattan airport, so you would need to arrange the taxi pick-up.
Kansas City to Campus
Kansas State University does not operate, recommend, or benefit from the use of any of the services listed above and does not recommend one service over any of the others.
While we make every effort to keep this list up-to-date, it is possible that one or more of the services below are no longer in operation or have changed its transportation offerings without our knowledge.
Wichita to Campus
Tornado Transit Shuttle
- Van shuttle services serving communities outside Wichita.
- Pre-scheduled services available 24 hours.
- Flat rate service available to most cities in Kansas.
- View the Tornado Transit Shuttle website for details.
- Telephone: +1 316-650-5080