In-State Tuition Benefit
Per the Choice Act of 2014 and the State House Bill 2154, Kansas State University will offer the in-state tuition rate to qualified individuals.
Qualified individuals include:
- Current members of the armed forces of the United States
- Spouses and dependent children of current members of the armed forces of the United States
*The term “armed forces” includes the army, navy, marine corps, air force, coast guard, Kansas army or air national guard or any branch of the military reserves of the United States.
- Veterans eligible for VA educational benefits (Post 9/11, Montgomery, Chapter 1606/1607 reserves),
- Spouses and dependent children of veterans with entitlement to a VA educational benefit (Post 9/11, Fry scholarship, Chapter 35 DEA)
* It is not a requirement to use the benefit to receive the in-state rate. In-state rate continues even after benefit has been exhausted with continuous enrollment.
To request in-state tuition:
Submit required forms and documentation to the Admissions Office.
Active duty service members, spouses and dependent children of active duty service members, complete the Military Form.
Veterans, spouses, and dependent children using an educational benefit, complete the Veteran Form.
Documentation may be mailed, faxed, or emailed to:
K-State Admissions Office
119 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
800-432-8270 toll free