Office of Veterans Affairs

K-State's Office of Veterans Affairs assists military members, veterans, and their dependents in utilizing VA Education Benefits. We provide information on education benefit programs, the application process for obtaining education benefits, and the certification process for using these benefits. Our office is responsible for certifying the enrollment and changes in enrollment of eligible students to the VA Regional Office. The VA Education Benefits Office acts as the liaison between students and the VA Regional Office.

Enrollment Certification

If you have applied for and been approved to use VA Education Benefits, please review the following information regarding the Enrollment Certification process at K-State.

To be able to use your education benefits, you must be pursuing an approved program of study. This generally means you must be fully admitted to a degree-bound program and following a set program of study.

Students wishing to have their enrollment certified for VA Education Benefits must:

  1. Meet with their Academic Advisor to confirm all courses are applicable to your degree program.
  2. Complete the Enrollment Certification Request form each semester. Ensure all signatures are on the form.
  3. Upload the completed form using our Secure Document Upload.
  4. Review your Residency Status for Tuition and Fees and determine if you should submit the Armed Forces Residency Benefit Form.

If you change your enrollment after you have submitted your Enrollment Certification Request form to our office, you will need to submit a revised Enrollment Certification Request form. It must be completed in full by both you and your Academic Advisor, indicating that you are requesting recertification of your enrollment.