September 30, 2016
Associate vice president for research search
The vice president for research invites qualified internal candidates to apply for the position of associate vice president for research.
This key research leadership position will serve as a liaison to the vice president for research and represent the Office of the Vice President for Research at events and meetings as needed. The associate vice president for research will facilitate faculty, postdoc and student development through the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs with the assistance of the Graduate School, development directors and supporting staff.
This position will support the K-State 2025 visionary plan through pursuing strategic planning for core facilities, centers and institutes, and their initiatives; spearhead special projects promoting research, scholarly and creative activities and discovery, RSCAD; and engage the campus community in promoting interdisciplinary and interinstitutional projects and grants. The associate vice president for research also will have oversight of the Associate Deans for Research Council and issues in research related to Conflict of Interest and Appendix O — Research and Academic Misconduct.
Applications, including a cover letter, CV and the contact information for three professional references, should be submitted through PageUp. Screening of applications will begin Oct. 17.
The full position description, including required qualifications, may be found on K-State's job opportunities website. Questions about the search should be directed to the committee chair Stephen Higgs at 785-532-1333 or email@example.com.
- Stephen Higgs, associate vice president for research and director of the Biosecurity Research Institute
- J. Ernest Minton, associate dean for research and graduate programs; agriculture
- Michelle Toews, associate dean for research and scholarship; human ecology
- Carol Shanklin, dean of the Graduate School
- Bonnie Rush, executive associate dean of veterinary medicine
- Mohammad H. Hosni, professor of mechanical and nuclear engineering
- Ruth Welti, university distinguished professor of biology
- Paul Lowe, associate vice president for research and director of PreAward Services
- Nickolas Anderson, research associate, agronomy