March 27, 2012
8:00 p.m., K-State Student Union, Room 205
Deana Core, Bill Disberger, Hannah Voelker, Kelsey Darnell, Morgan Grimmett, Bethany Cornwell, Jessica Giannina, Jordan Sterling, Austin James, Cassie Sims, Austin Cederberg, Amara Giersch, Stevie St. Clair, Sarah Loughridge
- Open House – Saturday, April 21
- Transfer Orientation and Enrollment Days – Monday and Tuesday, April 23 and 24
- Logo – voted on top three designs we like, will send those to marketing to get a final decision on a logo that we can use.
- President applications
- Hannah emailed an application for president for next school year.
- Complete the application if interested and email to Deana or Bill or bring to the next meeting.
- We will vote for president next week, if you choose to apply for the position you need to be at the next meeting.
- Members voted on officer requirements
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be a full-time student
- Attend 75% of meetings/events per semester
- If an officer fails to meet the requirements, a new officer will be elected at semester to replace them.
- Please keep these in mind if you are considering applying for president or another office position in the fall.
- Transfer Student List – Thanks to Austin James for taking the initiative!
- Austin got us a list of all transfer students currently enrolled – about 1800+ names.
- Ideas to get these transfer students involved:
- Invite them to a social
- Have an open house at each college/meet and greet
- Calculate statistics to put on our website (% in each college, majors, etc.)
- Invite them to "like" our Facebook page
- We can start posting weekly updates about something relevant to transfer students (scholarship deadline, last day to drop a class, campus events, etc.)
- We don’t want to invite all 1800 students to come to our meetings since we don’t have room, aren’t completely up and running and organized, and we want to be selective.
- Shadow opportunity
- Student from Denver is coming to K-State for Transfer Orientation and Enrollment Day. She would like to shadow one of us April 24.
- Some members volunteered for this. If you signed up, please check your email for communication from Deana if you were chosen to do this.
- Admissions Office position open (Hannah Voelker’s job) for summer & next school year
- If you are interested, please send resume to Bill by April 17.
- Need to be available to work during the summer so Hannah can train you, can be full time (40 hours).
- Mostly transfer equivalency work on the computer, use HTML. Don’t necessarily have to know HTML beforehand.
- Can work up to 30 hours when enrolled in classes, flexible hours.
- Role Playing Scenarios
- Bill made up common scenarios/questions that transfer or new students ask about K-State pertaining to Fake Patty’s, residence halls, parking, Greek life, sports tickets, etc.
- We practiced proper responses to these questions.
- Upcoming Meetings
- April 3
- April 17
- It's really important you're at these next meetings. We will have signups for Transfer O & E Days and Open House. We will need a lot of help! Also, Bill is working on more programs for these meetings, should be fun!