Transfer Ambassador Program Meeting
Student Union, State Rooms 2 & 3
September 11, 2012 8:00 p.m.
Deana Core, Bill Disberger, Kelsey Darnell, Gera Giles, Jamie Winningham, Michelle Holland, Stevie St. Clair, Angela Glean, Erin Lichter, Adriana Olivas, Melissa Bekemeyer, Liz Stasiewicz, Lucero Chavira, Kiah Gourley, Brittany Martin, Sarah Loughridge, Jacelyn Hejtmanek, Morgan Grimmett, Zach Salvestro, Zach May, Caitlin Matile, Claire Martin, Elizabeth Forsyth, Mariah Woolsoncroft, Laikyn Adams, Stephanie Hope, Austin Cederberg
- Career Fair
- TAP was not selected to participate; no other groups needed our help. Disregard the sign-up sheet from last meeting.
- Career Fair
- Austin submitted an application to LOCAL to get 4% of its restaurant sales.
- Hopefully know in the next week or two if we are selected.
- Other fundraising ideas – Still looking at these options and if they are even possible.
- Car smash at either homecoming game or KU game.
- Premier Jewelry, Mary Kay, Scentsy combined parties.
- Ask for percentage of other restaurant sales, i.e. Orange Leaf, Mr. Goodcents, etc.
- Online auction of K-State athletic items, etc.
- Fundraising committee chair is Sarah Loughridge. If you have any other ideas for fundraising or opportunities that you hear of, please contact Sarah.
- Deana mentioned a potential transfer student that is trying to decide between Nebraska and K-State. Sarah Loughridge will contact this student and encourage her to come to K-State.
- Officer Elections for 2012-2013 Academic Year
- Vice President – Morgan Grimmett
- Secretary – Kelsey Darnell
- Treasurer – Sarah Loughridge
- Social Media Co-Chairs – Jessica Giannina and Melissa Bekemeyer
- TAP has a page and a group; two separate links of Facebook.
- The page is for non-members to get updates and information. The group is for TAP members and administrative purposes.
- Check both for updates, news, information.
- $5 per semester, $10 per year.
- Please start paying dues at next meeting.
- Transfer Visit Day
- September 28, 2012 – Need volunteers mostly in the morning.
- Need a handful of people to direct traffic in the Union, walk students to appointments, etc.
- Can email Bill or Deana to sign up, or there will be a sign-up sheet at the next meeting.
- Meeting calendar
- Austin sent out an email with all the dates, times, and locations of future meetings.
- Please note that the times are not correct on all dates.
- All of our meetings will being at 8:00 p.m. If there is a change in location, you will be notified.
- Next meeting is September 25, 2012 at 8:00 p.m.