September 25, 2012 Minutes
Transfer Ambassador Program Meeting
Student Union, Room 226
September 25, 2012 8:30 p.m.
In attendance: Angie Zandt, Liz Stasiewicz, Zach Salvestro, Jordan Sterling, Austin Cederberg, Taylor Kack, Mariah Woolsoncroft, Sarah Loughridge, Kiah Gourley, Morgan Grimmett, Jamie Winningham, Gera Giles, Stephanie Hope, Zach May, Jessica Giannina, Erin Lichter, Adriana Olivas, Stevie St. Clair, Jacelyn Hejtmanek, Devin Amos, Michelle Holland, Melissa Bekemeyer, Lucero Chavira, Angela Glean, Kelsey Darnell, Austin James, Deana Core
- ACCEPTED for entire month of October.
- We must advertise LOCAL on campus with fliers, Facebook, email, etc.
- We receive all money that is left in the tip/donation jars in the restaurant during the month.
- On October 31, we receive 100% of profits or 4% of total sales for that day.
- We must eat at LOCAL on October 31 – thinking about incorporating a costume contest.
- Committee sign-up – contact Sarah Loughridge if you want to be on the committee.
- Gift Mart
- Tentative date of October 22, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 or 3:00 p.m. in the Union courtyard (outside Salsarita’s on the bottom floor).
- Will include Mary Kay, Premier Jewelry, Scentsy, and our own crafts and baked goods.
- If you know of anyone that sells Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, etc. (any vendor that wouldn’t be competing with vendors already selected) please contact Sarah Loughridge with their contact information.
- Signed up for baked goods/homemade crafts – Be looking for emails in the near future. In the meantime, you can be looking up potential ideas on Pinterest, etc. Keep cost in mind.
- Boys – Bill might have some projects in mind for you guys to work on for this event.
- Car Smash
- Deana is still trying to find a car.
- Looking to do this at the Texas Tech game on October 27 in front of Bramlage.
- Fundraising/Advertising Committee
- This committee would be in charge of hanging/passing out flyers for our events and chalking.
- Sarah Loughridge is committee chair – contact her with ideas or questions.
- Social Media
- We have a Pinterest account now: KSU TAP.
- If you have pictures of TAP events, send them to Jessica Giannina.
- Make sure you have joined our Facebook group and you have liked our Facebook page – two different things.
- TAP page on KSU website will be updated soon with new officers’ names.
- Photo Shoot
- K-State is looking for students that are willing to have their pictures taken – these photos might end up on the KSU website or in recruiting materials.
- October 17-19, all day and into the evening.
- Need to be available for a couple of hours at a time – can be between classes.
- Photographers want you to wear your normal school clothes, have backpacks, laptops, iPods, etc.
- Need boys and people from all walks of life – want to represent K-State’s diversity.
- Email Deana if you are interested with days and times that you would be available.
- Transfer Visit Day
- This Friday, September 28
- Morning shift: 8:00-11:00 a.m. and Afternoon shift: 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Morning shift will be directing people in the Union.
- Afternoon shift will be answering questions and get lunch with transfer students.
- Dress is normal – nice jeans or khakis with nice K-State tee or polo, comfortable shoes.
- Transfer Day Tips
- Always put a positive spin on difficult topics, i.e. parking, large classes, etc. but be truthful, don’t lie.
- Refer to the dorms as “residence halls” and explain the difference if you need to, i.e. suites, single rooms, three-person rooms, etc.
- Review buildings and look at campus map online to refresh your memory in case you have to walk a student to an appointment.
- If you don’t know answers to questions, just say that you don’t know but that you will find the answer for them – either ask another ambassador/Bill/Deana right then or take the student’s name and ask Bill or Deana to answer the student’s question later.
- Next meeting is October 9 at 8:00 in the Union, room 226.