April 23 Minutes
Transfer Ambassador Program
Union Room 209
April 23, 2013 8:00 p.m.
In attendance: Melissa Bekemeyer, Kiah Gourley, Suzy Fowler, Sarah Potter, Stevie St. Clair, Elizabeth White, Kelsey Darnell, Sarah Loughridge, Austin James, Deana Core, Bill Disberger
- Julie Wright from Hale Library led a group discussion on how to reach transfer students
and provide them information about the library
- o If you have any suggestions, please email her at email@example.com
- Gift Mart Proceeds
- o Made $72 from our bake sale table, $300 from vendor booth fees
- o Paid $140 to rent Union Courtyard
- o Net profit of $232
- Open House, Transfer Orientation & Enrollment
- o Thank you all for volunteering your time to talk to transfer students and families!
- End of Year Banquet – Thursday, May 2 at 6:30 pm
- o Will be at JP’s in Jardine complex, on the corner of Denison Ave. and Jardine Dr.
- o Casual dress
- o TAP will pay for your meal, no cost to members – Please see attached menu
- o If you would like to bring a non-member guest, it will be $10 at the door to cover their meal
- o If you bring a guest that is an eligible transfer student and wants to join TAP, bring the completed member application for them and $5 dues for the semester, then TAP will pay for their meal
- o We will invite three staff/faculty from around campus that have helped transfer students and recognize them at this event
- o Please RSVP to Kelsey by Tuesday, April 30
- Officer Elections
- o Our new 2013-2014 TAP President is Sarah Potter. Congratulations!
- o Our 2013-2014 Outreach Chair is Kiah Gourley. Congratulations!
- o All other officers will be elected at the beginning of the fall semester
- Be thinking about what days/times will work for your schedule next year for TAP meetings.