Welcome to Healthy PAC-CATS!
Personal Assessment Challenge-Choosing Activities for Today’s Success
- Get Fit Program !!
Healthy PAC-CATS is a program designed to help K-State students establish healthy behaviors for a lifetime of well-being. The program targets health behaviors in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management.
Funding for this project was provided by the Sunflower Foundation: Health Care for Kansas, a Topeka-based philanthropic organization with the mission to serve as a catalyst for improving the health of Kansans.
- The first step of the program is to take online the Health Behaviors Assessment. After submitting your answers to the assessment questions, you will receive a profile summarizing your responses. The profile will help you become aware of the health behaviors you are currently doing well and those that could be improved.
- With this information, the next step involves designing a personal program to help you establish or enhance specific health behaviors in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management. The Establishing Healthy Behaviors Worksheet provides a step-by-step process to help you design your program.
- The worksheet will help you identify: specific behavioral goals, action steps to reach your goals, a system to monitor your progress, and ways to reinforce your progress.
- Now, you are ready to carry out your program.
- You will be provided the service of a student mentor, who is trained to assist you in all areas of your program.
What you will find on this website:
- Establishing Healthy Behaviors Worksheet
- A step-by-step guide to help you identify goals, actions steps to reach your goals, and ways to monitor and reinforce your progress.
- Physical Activity Resources
- Tips and information to help you design and implement a personal physical activity program.
- Nutrition Resources
- Tips and information to help you design and implement a personal nutrition program.
- Stress Management Resources
- Tips and information to help you learn stress management skills such as time management, relaxation strategies, positive thinking, and social support.