About the Office
The Office of Research Sponsored Programs (ORSP) located on the main floor in Fairchild Hall, Room 102, promotes and facilitates the research, education, and outreach missions of Kansas State University by supporting and administering all activities involving extramurally sponsored programs. The mission of ORSP is to provide the Kansas State University community with a wealth of services (some listed below).
Preaward Services (PAS) located in Room 002 in the basement of Fairchild Hall, has the legal responsibility to review ALL proposals prepared for submission to ensure compliance with the sponsor's programmatic guidelines, state/federal regulations, and University policy and commitments. PAS has been delegated University signatory authority which is required for a proposal to be submitted to a sponsor. When planning to submit a proposal, make sure you contact PreAward Services first.
The services provided by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs include:
- Specialized Workshops and Training Events to help identify funding sources, project design, and proposal preparation
- Funding Opportunities (including Limited Submissions) and Funding Connection
- Pivot — discover funding opportunities
- Proposal Writing and Resources covering writing and assembling proposals, Collaboration tools, Broader Impacts, Inter-Institutional Alliances, and Evaluation
- Inter-Disciplinary and Multi-Disciplinary groups Development
- Budget Preparation and Consultation
- Proposal Forms, Development, Submission and Keeping You Out of Trouble
- Research Reports and Awards
- Research Compliance, Government Rules and Regulations
- Other Research Policies and Procedures
- Faculty Development Awards (FDA) and University Small Research Grants (USRG) seed programs
Kansas State University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex (including sexual harassment and sexual violence), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military status, or veteran status, in the University's programs and activities as required by applicable laws and regulations. The person designated with responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning nondiscrimination policies is the University's Title IX Coordinator: the Director of the Office of Institutional Equity, email@example.com, 103 Edwards Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-4801, 785-532-6220. The campus ADA Coordinator is the Director of Employee Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, who may be reached at 103 Edwards Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-4801, 785-532-6277.
Revised July 7, 2015.