Student Veteran Scholarship Application


Qualifications for 2014 - 2015 Application

  • The recipient must be a military veteran, honorably discharged from service. (Students who are currently serving in the National Guard or Reserves are also eligible to apply for this scholarship.)

  • The recipient must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in a degree-seeking program at Kansas State University during the 2014-2015 academic year.

  • Must be a first-time recipient of this scholarship. Previous Student Veteran Scholarship recipients are not eligible.

Fall Deadline: October 15, 2014

Spring Deadline: February 1, 2015

Summer Deadline: May 1, 2015

Submit application packet on time!  Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.


LTG Richard J. Seitz Veteran Scholarship

The recipient of this scholarship will receive an award of $2,000. There will be disbursement of $1,000 for both Fall and Spring semesters of the academic year that this scholarship is awarded.


  • Must be a military veteran and honorably discharged.
  • Must be full-time undergrad or graduate student enrolled in degree-seeking program at K-State.
  • Recipient must demonstrate that they are likely to make a contribution in diplomacy, health, education, or leadership. Recipient must have an overall vision for improving the common good.


  • Follow the link for the scholarship form and fill out form completely. (Directions are provided on the form).
  • Submit a one-page, typed summary outlining:
  1. Your academic and career goals, and your plans toward achieving them.
  2. Your current or anticipated contribution to the aforementioned.
  3. Information regarding prior service.
  • Submit application packet on time!

  • The recipient may be asked to speak at a 2015-2016 Veterans Recognition event.

Application Form Here: LTG Richard J. Seitz Veteran Scholarship



Pat Tillman Foundation Military Scholarship

Founded in 2008, the Tillman Military Scholars program supports our nation’s active-duty service members, veterans and military spouses by investing in their higher education. Since the program’s inception, the Foundation has invested over $4.6 million in scholarships for 290 scholars nationwide.

The scholarship covers educational expenses, including tuition and fees, books and living stipend. But scholars receive much more than just funding. Our program unites the best talent and leadership in the military to make a significant, positive impact on our country and our local communities.

The scholars chosen reflect Pat’s values, strength of character and commitment to service. They demonstrate extraordinary academic and leadership potential and a deep desire to impact change through their studies in the fields of medicine, law, business, government, education and the arts.

On what basis are Tillman Military Scholars selected?

  • Educational and career ambitions
  • Record of military service and/or community impact as a military spouse
  • Record of personal achievement
  • Demonstration of service to others in the community
  • Desire to continue to serve others and make a positive impact on your community
  • Leadership potential
  • Compelling, thoughtful, genuine and thorough essay question responses

Who can apply to become a Tillman Military Scholar

Veteran and active-duty military service members
  • Honorably discharged of pre-and post-9/11 service
  • From all branches of the U.S. Military including National Guard and Reserve
Current spouses of veterans or active-duty service members
  • Including surviving spouses
Service members or spouses pursuing a degree as a full-time student:
  • Undergraduate (Bachelor’s or above)
  • Graduate or post-graduate degree
  • At a public or private, U.S.-based accredited institution

Scholarships are available to military children through our partners at Fisher House FoundationNo Greater SacrificeChildren of Fallen Patriots Foundation and Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation.

The application to join the 7th Class of Tillman Military Scholars will open in February 2015. Please visit the site for the application.

Members of each class of Tillman Military Scholars represent a rich and diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. They exemplify strong leadership potential and a drive to make a positive impact on our communities and country.

Distance Education Veteran Scholarships

Allan D. Sicatt Scholarship

Qualifications for the 2014-2015 Application

  1. The applicant will be an undergraduate or graduate student properly enrolled in the distance education program in any curriculum at Kansas State University.
  2. The applicant must be an active duty or military veteran with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA, based on a 4.0 scale.
  3. The applicant will be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours in K-State Division of Continuing Education courses during the semester in which he/she receives the scholarship.

Deadline: Postmark Deadline – Fall Semester Award: April 1

Military Transition: Financial Assistance

This site provides information on the GI Bill benefits as well as a list of various financial aid resources available to service members and veterans.

Military Spouse and Dependents Scholarships

Army Emergency Relief Spouse and Dependent Scholarships

Army Emergency Relief maintains two scholarship programs – the Spouse Education Assistance Program and the MG James Ursano Scholarship Program for dependent children. Both scholarships provide financial assistance for students who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.

National Military Family Association Spouse Scholarship

In order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must:

  • Be a military spouse
  • Have completed, at a minimum, a Master's Degree in one of the following degrees (You will be required to show degree completion):
    • a. Counseling
    • b. Psychology
    • c. Social Work
    • d. Psychiatry
  • Must be ready to start or have already started your clinical supervision hours.

If you meet the above criteria, please contact to apply.


My Military Education

This site provides a comprehensive list of veteran/military scholarships for service members, spouses, and dependents.

Hope for the Warriors

Hope for the Warriors provides a full cycle of care restore self, family, and hope to combat wounded service members, their families, and families of the fallen.

National Military Family Association

The mission of this scholarship program is to help prepare military spouses for meaningful employment and to better contribute to their family’s financial security.

ThanksUSA Scholarship

Our mission of providing college, technical, and vocational school need-based scholarships for the children and spouses of active-duty US military personnel.


Additional Scholarships


Allima Foundation Research and Education in HIM

American Legion Scholarships

American Military Retirees Association

Army Scholarship Foundation

Council of College and Military Educators

Folds of Honor Foundation

Google SVA Scholarship

Horatio Alger Association

Military Officers Association of America

Military Scholar

NAVPA Scholarship

Paralyzed Veterans of America

Veterans United Foundation

Veterans of Foreign Wars