Music Teacher Apprenticeship Program
The goal of the Future Music Teacher Apprenticeship Model is to incite student interest in pursuing the music teaching profession and develop well-rounded musicians who would be capable of successfully completing a degree in music education. The objectives is that each student involve in the program will:
- Meet advanced performance standards in one instrument or voice.
- Meet proficiency in music history and music theory.
- Be able to play piano at a late beginner or early intermediate level.
- Meet university entry-level proficiency for sight singing and interval singing.
- Have acquired beginning level teaching skills.
- Have acquired beginning level conducting skills .
- Have experienced administrative tasks required of music teachers.