Ackert Hall

Photograph of Ackert Hall

Show Ackert Hall on campus map
Interactive campus map

Home to the Division of Biology for more than 40 years, Ackert Hall contains classrooms, lecture space, laboratories and administrative offices. It also houses the cadaver lab and model ecosystems.

Building offices

History

Built on the old ROTC drill field in 1970, Ackert Hall was named in honor of Dr. James E. Ackert, who joined the staff in 1913 as assistant professor of zoology and parasitologist in the experiment station. When the Division of Graduate Study began in 1931, he became dean of that division. In 2002 the Division of Biology gained an additional 62,000 feet of research and educational space with the construction of Chalmers Hall, immediately adjacent to Ackert.