LEAD 212 Class Leaders
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Apply to be a LEAD 212 Class Leader:
Applications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are being accepted until 5:00 pm on Friday, February 12, 2016. Please read the entire Class Leader Application Packet for additional information about the role and application process.
When you are ready to complete the application, visit this website to complete it electronically:
All students who complete the application process must sign up to attend an interview on Sunday, February 21 from 12:30-3:00pm or Monday, February 22 from 6:00-8:30pm.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
- Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
- Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
- Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
- Relate well with students and faculty.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
- Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: