LEAD 212 Class Leaders
Class Leader applications for Fall 2017 are currently closed. Check back at the beginning of the Spring 2018 semester for applications for Fall 2018.
For additional information about the position, please review this packet.
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
- Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
- Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
- Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
- Relate well with students and faculty.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
- Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
**In order to serve as a Class Leader you must be able to attend ALL of the training sessions listed below.
Peer Leader Spring Workshops (Town Hall, Leadership Studies Building)
Thursday, March 30 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, April 6 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, April 13 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, May 4 2:30-4:30pm
Monday, August 7, 9 am – 5 pm
Town Hall, Leadership Studies Building
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: Tamara Bauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)