LEAD 212 Class Leaders
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students minoring in leadership studies who are of junior or senior standing, and who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, and grade papers. These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
Applications for 212 Class Leaders are currently not being accepted.
Steps to becoming a class leader:
- Read the LEAD 212 Class Leader Application Packet
- Apply to be a LEAD 212 Class Leader and turn packet into room 103 Leadership Studies Building
- Applications will be reviewed by SLS faculty and staff
- See below for the position criteria and selection timeline.
- Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
- Will be in at least their third year of college by Fall 2014 (based on years in college, not credit hours).
- Understand and believe in the mission of the School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
- Relate well with students and faculty.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
- Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
- Available for weekly training seminars March – May (1 hour per week plus additional observations), the Spring Retreat (approximately 4 hours), individual summer prep work, Fall Retreat (approximately 8 hours).
- Able to commit 8-10 hours per week Fall 2014 for class time, class prep, grading, and individual meetings, etc.
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: