LEAD 212 Class Leaders
Apply to serve as a Class Leader for Fall 2017!
Applications are due via Qualtrics by Thursday, February 9 at midnight. All applicants must sign up to attend an interview on Sunday, February 12 from 12:30-3:00pm or Monday February 13 from 6:15-8:45pm.
For additional information about the position, please review this packet.
LEAD 212 Class Leaders are students who help teach the large lecture sections of LEAD 212 - Introduction to Leadership Concepts. LEAD 212 Class Leaders are asked to facilitate small group discussions, lead active-learning exercises, create a learning community with their students and perform administrative functions (such as grading, attendance, etc). These students serve as a bridge between students and instructors - they are motivated to help first semester freshmen learn the academic discipline of leadership and adjust to the K-State campus community.
The minimum qualifications for LEAD 212 Class Leaders are:
- Good academic (minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA) and disciplinary standing.
- Will be in at least their third year of college (based on years in college, not credit hours).
- Understand and believe in the mission of the Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Have previously taken a LEAD 212 or equivalent introduction to leadership course; and have taken/currently enrolled in LEAD 350.
- Exhibit responsibility, positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, team orientation, high energy level, and strong communication skills.
- Relate well with students and faculty.
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about leadership.
- Demonstrate willingness to develop self-awareness and teamwork, planning, and facilitation skills.
**In order to serve as a Class Leader you must be able to attend ALL of the training sessions listed below.
Peer Leader Spring Workshops (Town Hall, Leadership Studies Building)
Thursday, March 30 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, April 6 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, April 13 2:30-4:30pm
Thursday, May 4 2:30-4:30pm
Monday, August 7, 9 am – 5 pm
Town Hall, Leadership Studies Building
For questions about LEAD 212 Class Leaders, please contact: Tamara Bauer (firstname.lastname@example.org)