The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) exists to ensure that adequate health care is provided for the students of Kansas State University. SHAC is an advisory committee appointed by the Student Body President and works with both the President and Student Senate. Members of SHAC meet at least biweekly throughout the fall and spring semesters to fulfill these purposes:
- to advise the Director of Lafene Health Center about student health care needs.
- to assist the Director in setting priorities that have the interest of the students in mind.
- to support the staff of Lafene Health Center in their development of adequate services for fee-paying students.
- to promote health care and the services offered by Lafene Health Center.
- to communicate and cooperate with the Student Governing Association regarding issues of student health care on campus.
- to increase student awareness of resources available on campus.
- to ensure student access to updated health education materials.
Members of SHAC include:
- fourteen students at-large, appointed to two-year staggered terms by the Student Body President.
- the Director of Lafene Health Center and a representative of the Health Promotion Department.
- additional nonvoting student members who have previously served on the committee or others who are exceptionally qualified.