Request Grade Change
The Request Grade Change process allows instructors to update or change a grade within KSIS.
The grade change option will be available in the KSIS roster at 8 a.m. the day AFTER grades have been posted for the semester. Grades can be changed for up to five years after the original grade posting.
Note: Currently grade rosters only go back to 2008, when K-State implemented KSIS for student grades.
Any grade change not accommodated by the online method in KSIS must be handled by submitting a Grade Change Memorandum to the Registrar's Office if one of the following conditions are met:
- Past the five year deadline
- Instructor is no longer employed with KSU and cannot make the changes in KSIS
- Course was taken prior to Fall 2008 and grade roster not available in KSIS
- Student has graduated
- Student did not appear on grade roster
- If the grade is a W or XF
- Log into KSIS with your K-State eID and password.
- Under KSIS Links, click Faculty Center.
- Click the change term button.
- Select the term in which the class was taught and click the Continue button.
- Click the Grade Roster icon for the desired class.
- Click the Request Grade Change link.
- Change the grade in question. Students who have graduated from K-State will not have a drop down available.
Note: If a student has a grade of "F" without a participation value in the grade roster, KSIS will not let you change ANY student's grade in the course until you have selected the participation value and saved it for all students with an "F".
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the roster list.
- The word 'Success' appears to the far right of the grade that has been changed.
The Dean's Office periodically reviews reports of grade changes. The actual grade changes are instantaneous. After the grade change has been made in KSIS, an email is sent to the student and the instructor to confirm the grade change.