internships and co-ops
Internships & Co-ops = Experiential Learning
What is Experiential Learning?
Experiential learning is gained through experiences such as work or volunteer opportunities that help you . . .
- Explore and clarify career interests.
- Foster personal and professional growth while developing a professional network .
- Build upon classroom knowledge while improving transferable skills such as leadership, communication, teamwork and technology.
4 Types of Experiential Learning:
- Internships: Paid or unpaid work in a field directly related to the student’s area of study.
Fast Facts about Experiential Learning
- 75% of U.S. undergraduate students will complete internship/ co-op before graduation.
- Over 80% of companies use experiential learning programs to identify talent and recruit full-time employees.
- Employers hire 50% of their intern/ co-op students as employees after graduation.
- View employers and salaries of internships acquired by K-State students.
Tips to Find & Succeed in Internship/ Co-op
- View various websites for internship, co-op, or summer jobs including your CES account.
- Various helpful websites for jobs related to career fields, geographic, government, etc.
- Key information to help you seek an internship or co-op.
- Tips to succeed in your internship or co-op.
Career & Employment Services' professional advising staff are available to assist students with resume development, interview skills, job search, or other career-related topics. Call 785-532-6506 to schedule an appointment year-round.