School districts and educational institutions may request credential files (also known as "reference files" or "placement files"). This service is provided to K-Staters through a partnership with Interfolio.com
Credentials may include the following:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3-5 references, including contact info for each person
- Transcripts – sometimes copies are sufficient or you may need to provide certified one
- Letters of Recommendation (open or confidential)
- Student Teaching Evaluations
- Philosophy of Teaching
- PRAXIS Test Scores
- Portfolio information - possibly
Exact credential information required varies by district. This lists many of the ‘typical’ documents, but because each district’s requirements are different, you will want to call and verify what that district specifically needs. It is always better to ensure you supply ALL required materials with your application than to guess.
You have 2 options:
- Self-management - You collect items, you get additional copies, you pay for every original transcript(s) when needed, you print or make copies, and you stand in line at Post Office to mail all of each application packet.
- Interfolio* (www.interfolio.com) – You request a copy of all items one (1) time and have these uploaded to your account. You then log on and indicate what items are needed and the order you want them stacked, and pay online for documents to be emailed or shipped to districts.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please call Alison at 785-532-6508.