Information on the Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA)
2011-2012 Academic Year
- 96 freshman and 104 seniors completed the survey, for a total of 200 respondents.
The following information was found in the freshman and senior unadjusted performance ranks:
- For the performance task, seniors had a mean score percentile rank of 81, while the freshman had 43.
- In the analytic writing task, seniors ranked in the 79th percentiles while freshman ranked 38.
- For the Make-An-Argument category, seniors had a mean score percentile rank of 65 while freshman had 34.
- In the final category, Critique-An-Argument, seniors ranked in the 86th percentile while freshman ranked 43.