About the Programs
K-State is excited to offer you AlcoholEdu and Haven for College® – non-opinionated, science-based programs taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. These programs aim not to preach but rather to teach the facts about alcohol and its effects on the mind and body. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu and Haven for College empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. AlcoholEdu and Haven for College are educational programs; they are not a K-State courses for academic credit.
AlcoholEdu for College offers a confidential, personalized experience for each student.
- The program includes:
- Five modules of alcohol-related content featuring videos, blogs, IM chats, comics, and more
- Helpful tools, like a BAC calculator and map of U.S. laws
- Discussions on policies and issues related to alcohol
- Safe partying strategies and tips for helping a friend
Haven uses a population-level approach to educate all students on the issues associated with sexual assault and relationship violence, taking into account their unique perspectives and experiences, providing:
- Key definitions and statistics
- Reflective and personalized content
- Bystander skill and confidence-building strategies
- Campus-specific policies, procedures and resources
- Rich data summaries to inform future programming
Surveys from more than 70,000 students who completed AlcoholEdu for College in the summer and fall of 2005 demonstrate the effects of the program.
- After taking the program:
- 72% said they now know more about blood alcohol concentration (BAC).
- 70% said they would recommend the program to other students.
- Further, an independent study of AlcoholEdu for College showed that students who took the program had 50% fewer negative personal, health, and academic consequences than those who did not take it.
For more information about AlcoholEdu and Haven for College, visit the EverFi website.