March 29, 2014 (Manhattan location)
***Please Note: There is a 3 business day cancellation policy for this event in order to receive a refund***
This class consists of 5 hours of instruction on the four ACT subject tests.
Students gain insight into the test's content and format while learning
practical test-taking strategies for maximizing their test score. Students
learn how to control the test rather than letting it control them! ACT’s
“Preparing for the ACT” is used in this class in addition to our strategies.
This class covers general ideas about the test as a whole, as well as specific
strategies for each sub-test:
• English – Learn what the ACT test-writers are testing you on and how to approach types of questions
• Math – Learn what problem-solving skills and math skills you need and how you will be tested
• Reading – Learn your best method for doing well on ACT reading
• Science – Learn common passage and question types and what’s really required to do well on this test
Don't forget to bring a calculator and an extra pencil with you!
You'll attend a special morning program with sessions to learn more about financial aid, scholarship programs, and general K-State information. At lunch, you will have a chance to eat with your student and discuss the morning session. Parents will be on their own after lunch.
You'll learn the answers to these important questions:
- How do I prepare in advance?
- What can I expect on test day?
- What can I learn about myself?
- How can I improve my scores?
- Should I retake the ACT?
- Does K-State require the written portion of the ACT?
8:30 to 9 a.m
9 a.m. to noon
1 to 3 p.m.
$50 per student: covers the cost of materials, instruction and lunch
Cost for parents:
$15 per guest: covers the cost of materials, refreshments and lunch
Parking is available near the buildings. Further parking information will be sent via email after you register.
Check the list of Manhattan lodging options.
Office of Admissions
1-800-432-8270 (toll free)